Many office workers now like to prepare lunch on their own, but every time no matter what kind of bento lunch box it is, just put it into the microwave oven. Actually, it is completely wrong. Many bento lunch boxes may produce kinds of harmful substances after being heated in a microwave oven. However, what kind of box can be put into the microwave oven healthily and safely? Here, we are introducing the best material for bento lunch box which is the best to heat in the microwave!
1. Glass bento lunch box: includes boxes that are made of borosilicate glass, glass ceramics, and titanium oxide crystal glass. They are suitable for heating in microwave oven for a long period of time due to the good microwave penetration performance, stable physical and chemical properties, high-temperature resistance (up to 500℃ or even 1000c).
2. Ceramic bento lunch box: it's classified into heat-resistant ceramics and ordinary ceramics. Bento lunch boxes such as pots and pans made of heat-resistant ceramics are suitable for long-term use in microwave ovens, while ordinary ceramic lunch boxes can only be used for short-term heating. Especially note that ceramic bento lunch boxes containing gold and silver wires that will sparkle when heated, so they are not suitable for being heating in a microwave oven.
3. Plastic bento lunch boxes: all kinds of bento boxes made of polypropylene, polypropylene resin, composite polypropylene, polysulfone and other materials with a temperature resistance of over 120 degrees Celsius can heat in a microwave oven. And the bento lunch boxes in PET resin and polyester material have a temperature resistance of over 220℃ and can be used for barbecues.
4. Metal bento lunch boxes: all kinds of bento boxes made of metal materials such as aluminium, stainless steel, enamel, etc., are not suitable for use in microwave ovens because microwaves cannot penetrate the metal bento lunch box that the food in boxes cannot be heated.
5. Wooden, paper and other bento lunch boxes: these boxes can be used in a microwave oven for a short time when wet. But if heated for a long time, the bento box will dry out and be easily burned. Painted bento lunch boxes are prohibited from being used in microwave ovens because the benzene which exists in the paint will emit and then contaminate food. Therefore, in order to have a safe and healthy life, we'd better choose a microwave lunch box made of glass or ceramic.